Friday, November 21, 2008

Missed Posts of '08: R.E.M. - Supernatural Superserious


Between a busy schedule and wanting each post to stay up for at least a few days at the top, there's been a lot of songs this year that I've wanted to feature but haven't had the chance. Since we're nearing the end of 2008, I figured I'd try and highlight a few of my favorite tracks of the year that I previously missed. First up: R.E.M., whose lead single "Supernatural Superserious," off 2008's Accelerate took me a bit off guard (and emerged as my favorite since "Imitation of Life"). I've always considered myself a big fan of the band (who are now nearing the 30 year mark together), but I think I had instinctively lowered my expectations after 2004's disappointing Around the Sun. Accelerate is an overall return to form for the band, and this single was a great example of the fun, reinvigorated sound of their live show that I was lucky enough to catch twice over the course of just a few months.

Mp3: R.E.M. - Supernatural Superserious
Video: R.E.M. - Supernatural Superserious (features just about every version online)

No comments: